The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is an online training academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re to fulfill its mission to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
The objective of this annual online training programme is to offer brilliant graduates the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The insurance programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who are successful for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training programme on a yearly basis with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where valuable on-the- job experience will be gained.
A career will be built by the YIPP trainee by acquiring knowledge and competencies through a unique mix of on-the-job experience and a dedicated online training programme in insurance, reinsurance, leadership and management modules.
At the end of this programme, it is expected that participants would have been positively impacted to understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
Participants will be able to reduce some poor practices and approaches via developing a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets and improve professionalism.
Minimum requirements for eligibility
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Applications are welcome from qualified young African Insurance Professionals working with insurance or reinsurance companies, brokerage firms, supervisory authorities or related organizations.
Interested candidates are requested to submit an online application between October 15 and November 15, 2020.
Applications received after the deadline, will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, cover letter and reference forms. If deemed necessary, an interview may be part of the assessment process.
- Documents Required
To make the process of enrollment as easy as possible, please find below a list of the documents you will need to supply as part of the application process. Have these ready to upload before you start the process.
Submission of Applications
- Please fill the form.
- Upload supporting documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
- Upload supporting documents
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 22 January 2021 and must be available to commence the programme in February 2021.
Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
Mode of Delivery
- With the recent developments in Instructional technology, there is a wide variety of new modes of course delivery (web-assisted, blended, hybrid, online, and accelerated, etc.)
- The Young Insurance Professional Programme Courses will be provided Online entirely in an Asynchronous mode: learners will begin and complete their courses at different times and at their own pace.
- Best practice recommendations for learning outcomes support the notion that each learning outcome should address a separate and unique aspect of the course goals.
- There will be a lot of group activities in which participants are able to make individual/collective contributions.
- Various Case studies Modules are available as currently contained in the manual, on-line course and the end test. These will be designed to ensure that the anticipated learning outcomes are achieved in each of the 13 Courses.
- The Instructor-led training sessions are designed to ensure that the participants are able to apply the skills and knowledge under focus as well as build skills in the learning process.
- The sessions will therefore deploy any or a combination of Quizzes and tests only. The instructors will have additional slides to present to participants.